Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some summmer work

As far as anatomy goes this isn't the best thing that I have ever done, but despite that I actually really like this piece. I think she has a very serene and motherly expression which is what I was trying to go for. I have some ideas of what I might do with this piece but I am not sure yet.

So this drawing is a bit more fantasy, I mean it's kinda cliche in the fact that it's an older woman looking longly at what she was in her youth.

This one is obviously going to need a background which is worrying me a lot bit, it's going to take some time because I am horrible at designing and drawing backgrounds, hopefully with a lot of practice I will get better :-x

I actually spent quite a bit of time doing flat colors of this on PS but wouldn't you know I would forget to save and flipping PS would shut down on my like it always does..

2 comments:

Tracy "Tito" Lynn MacLauchlan said...

wow Whit, I have to got to say I love that second one you did! It's looking SO darn professional, and your inking skills have just improved tenfold since you started :D. I think for a background you should do someting similar to this old work of yours: http://soakedinbleach.deviantart.com/art/Goddess-53017023

Anyway, can't wait to see the end result of both pictures! keep at it, girl :)!

thecurlyloon said...

Aw thanks Tito! I have been trying really hard to learn brush inking but my hands just aren't steady enough sometimes. That's the bad thing about traditional once you mess up there is no fixing it, well when is comes to some mediums like ink.

I have really enjoyed you digital inking! It's very professional and precise. I can see how something like that is probably better for you since you are an animator and work more in the digital realm. I would like to learn about PS and Illustrator since the traditional world seems to be dying out. Apparently most illustrators have to try and incorporate digital into their traditional. The illustrator I interviewed last quarter says most everyone prefers digital now so he says he had to adapt and take his traditional art and clean it up via digital.